5.13.2013

{Project Playroom}: A New Chair + Progress

Happy Monday! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and for all you mommies, I hope you were spoiled rotten and spent the day enjoying your littles. We had a great weekend, full of family time and sunshine. There were a few tantrums, too, but the sweet smiles and kisses I got on Sunday made up for all the times I said "don't make me count to three!"

:)

Wanted to share my new office chair, from none other than Habitat ReStore! I had always heard great things about this place, so when they were throwing a huge sale last weekend, we decided to check it out.

We braved the crowds, with A in tow, and poured through the aisles and aisles of furniture, only to find this guy in the second-to-last row. He was covered in old blue corduroy cushions, so at first glance, he was a little icky. But once I peeled back the cushions, I thought he had some major potential. A cross-back Windsor chair for $30? Sold.




He's cute, right?

As soon as I got him home, I immediately thought of my inspiration picture on Pinterest, that led me looking for a Windsor chair in the first place.

from here

Thought this spot of the playroom would be perfect for a pop of color. I've tried to keep everything in the room black, white or wood, since a lot of A's toys are bright and colorful (loud, also very loud). But this little space near the window is all mine, and I wanted something to distinguish it as its own space. I haven't decided on a color just yet, but these are my two contenders:




But for today, the chair is keeping its beaten-up wood look until I can make a decision.

The whole process of creating a new office space for me isn't going quite as quickly as I've imagined. I just "moved in" while I was home this week, but I still have a lot to do. I find it impossible to know right away how or where certain items should go. I'm more of a trail & error girl. One item I did know for certain I wanted to this space was one of my favorite prints from the Emily Ley Shop. When she had her big clearance event last month, I was frantically trying to order this print, while on the train, before it sold out! I love how it looks in this wood frame.





I'm a perfectionist by nature, so this is something I need to remind myself of daily. Love that this print will have a home right where I'll be doing most of my work for Bella Carta.

And last but not least, I had to share this picture of A. As soon as he sat down in the new chair, he had to show me just how dirty his feet were from playing outside. All boy I tell you, all boy.


I'll be spending a lot of time up in this new office space this week. Lots & lots of new projects for Bella Carta, which makes my heart SO happy. Hope you all have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome find!! Very jealous, and I really like the idea of painting it a fun color. A in his little hat... so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the ReStore!! We did a walk-through this past weekend to see if we could find anything for our new house...I love your find!! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous chair!! That kelly green color is great and would be so cute!!! And I'm cracking up over A showing you his dirty feet --- SUCH A BOY! Gotta love it! :) Hope that y'all are having a better week! Xo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that print and the bright green paint - you should go for it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read each and every one of them!