6.06.2013

What's Not Working: DVD Collection

Thank you all for your sweet comments & emails about this new series! I kind of felt like a dork for a little bit - thinking no one would fun this as fun as I do... but clearly I was wrong ;)

We have an itty-bitty portion of our entertainment console dedicated to DVDs. My problem with the space was not that the DVDs didn't fit, but more that I could never find what I was looking for. Here's what it looked like before:



Every time I had to look for one of A's videos, I had to tear apart the whole lower shelf. It was a waist of time, and frankly, we didn't even know what movies we owned.

So I bought 2 mini binders from Target, and some CD/DVD sleeves from Amazon, and a solution was born. One binder is for A's videos, and the other is for grown-up movies. I'm on the lookout for 1 more mini-binder, but my Target seems to be out of stock.



Here's what the shelf looks like now. So much better!.... I wonder if C will notice if I sell all his video games? (Hi babe!)


So much more organized. We can quickly find what we're looking for, and we even made space for some of A's crayons and coloring books!

Next organization project is tackling our mail piles, which somehow almost end up on the entertainment center and not in the designated mail basket.

Happy Thursday, friends!

2 comments:

  1. What a great solution!! We are on the lookout for a whole media center, but I am sure that Cam's growing collection of DVDs will need their own solution soon enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did the same thing last summer! We have a HUGE dvd collection, so we bought some giant binders (4 of them!) from Best Buy. I'm so happy to have them more consolidated and out of the way! It is so much easier to find what we're looking for now.

    Great idea to use a cute and smaller binder!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read each and every one of them!