8.28.2013

My Birthday

Today was my birthday, and while I'd love to say it was some extraordinary day... really, it was just an average day. I'm not complaining... ordinary days are my favorite. I took the day off to spend it with my little guy, and we had lunch with Daddy after a little visit to our new preschool. My little guy decided he was WAY too excited about momma's birthday to take a nap, so he pushed my buttons all afternoon, and then C and I left for parent's night at school. But I spent the day with the people I love, and that's all that truly matters.

If you follow me on Instagram, you saw this post last night... but yesterday, A gave me the BEST birthday gift, ever.



He said, "momma? love youuuu", for the first time.

I'm pretty sure he was asking for a "tookie" (cookie), but STILL. He told me he loved me.

If you've been reading for a while, you will know A's speech is something we've struggled with. I'm proud to say he's grown leaps and bounds in the last few months, and basically never (ever) stops talking. To hear him put together 2, and 3-word phrases, honestly brings tears to my eyes.




And to hear him say he LOVES me?! I cannot put it into words.



Here's to my last birthday as the momma of one!

1 comment:

  1. So precious...Happy Birthday!! I don't think there's any chance that your next birthday will be so low-key ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read each and every one of them!