12.10.2014

Creative at Heart

In four short weeks, I’ll be packing my bags and kissing my boys goodbye, as I head down to Virginia for the Creative at Heart conference, the brainchild of Kat Schmoyer & Taylor Schumann, for two jam-packed days of learning, sharing and laughing.  When I began to reevaluate my business, I made a short list of conferences that I’d like to attend as soon as next year. One of those was Stationery Academy, which admittedly, is still very high on my list. This year, Stationery Academy is in New Orleans and Phoenix, so I’m crossing my fingers they’re a tad bit closer for their conferences in 2016. 

When Kat & Taylor announced the Creative at Heart conference back in October, I was so thrilled. The conference is designed with creative entrepreneurs in mind, to cultivate lasting relationships and community, and to inspire woman to live their dream.  “It’s about combining practical business knowledge, inspiring content & purposeful community” – sounds pretty perfect, to me!


Kat and Taylor are women I admire in this industry, both for their talent and tenacity, and for the grit to see their dreams through. The line up of speakers is AH-mazing, with so many inspiring and creative women, willing to share their journey, knowledge and failures with our group. I’m so excited to soak up the whole experience, learn from these deeply passionate woman, and walk away inspired and energized to follow my dreams in the new year.

One of the things I’m most excited about, is meeting some of my “virtual” friends in person! I’ve met so many other wonderful women through social media, and my business, who are also attending this conference, and I can’t wait to hug them, share stories, and learn in this encouraging environment, together. And while I’m so excited for all of this to unfold in a few weeks, I’d be lying if I didn’t admit I’m also a tad nervous. For one, this is the first time I’ll be leaving the twins overnight, and only the second time I’ll be leaving A. As a working mom, my night-time routines with all 3 of them are sacred, so my momma heart breaks a little that I won’t be the one putting them down at night. The rest of my emotions are a mix of anxiousness and excitement: about spending 3 days with a group of 75 woman I’ve never met in person, travelling 5 hours alone, and feeling a little bit insecure about my business and my dreams. I know what I’m feeling is normal, and that when I’m driving back on January 5th, I will be so thankful that I made this decision. That I invested in myself and my dreams, and that I took a giant leap of faith.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I read each and every one of them!